Pumpkin Crumble Bars – Low Carb
Magical Crumble Bars are a great fall treat. Creamy pumpkin cake layer with a coffee cake crumble topping. Will magically disappear from your kitchen!
* Dairy free option, low carb option, paleo, primal, starch free, vegetarian
Magical Pumpkin Crumble Bars:
- 1/3 cup coconut flour sifted
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice.
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 1/8 tsp sea salt.
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup organic pumpkin puree . make sure pumpkin is the only ingredient
- 1/3 cup low carb maple syrup + 25 drops liquid stevia
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or dairy butter melted.
- 1 tsp gluten free organic vanilla extract.
- ½ tsp baking soda + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed in a separate pinch bowl (will be very fizzy).
- 1/2 cup almond or pecan meal (grind up raw almonds or pecans in a magic bullet or coffee grinder until course grained meal forms)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened organic coconut flakes.
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar OR low carb granulated sweetener (I used 2 tbsp eyrithritol).
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or dairy butter melted.
- Preheat oven at 350 F, and grease or oil an 8×8 pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: 1/3 cup sifted coconut flour, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp sea salt. Mix together thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a different large mixing bowl combine: 2 eggs, 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk, 1/3 cup pumpkin puree, 2 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter, 1/3 cup maple syrup, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Mix together until combined. Add the baking soda –vinegar mixture to the egg mixture. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add coconut flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour and spread batter into greased 8×8 pan, and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all the crumble topping ingredients, use a fork to mix topping until a paste forms.
- Take the crumble topping and scatter chunks of crumble topping all over the top of the pumpkin batter in the pan, *seen in photo above*.
- Bake at 350 F for 28 to 30 minutes or until top is browned, and toothpick comes out of center clean.
- Cool completely, then cover and refrigerate for one hour or longer (this sets the pumpkin layer).
- Cut into 9 medium size bars and serve.
Nutritional Data: Serving: 1 medium size bar, Cal: 132, Fat:9.8 g, Carbs: 5.3/ Net Carbs: 2.7 g, Fiber: 2.6 g, Protein: 3 g, Sugar: 1 g,